Thursday, September 4, 2014

30 Days of Truth. Day 1.

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.

Ho hum. We all have things we hate about ourselves, but hate is a rather strong word I'd say. I think dislike would be much more fitting in most cases.

For me, one thing would be that I do not see in the mirror, what everyone else says they see when they look at me. I work really hard to be confident, and improve my self esteem, but most days, I just do not see what everyone else seems to see. Like most people, I am sure I see the good, as well as what I see as flaws. But, no one is perfect - and I try to keep the attitude that looks do not last forever, and it is what is inside that counts in the end. That is what I look for in others, and if others cannot look for the same in me - then they are not worth it in the end.

I do not think I am ugly, by any means. I just don't see what others see as beautiful when I look in the mirror. I'd say average - but I have learned to be ok with that, because I know what I offer in other ways can rock socks off of people. ;)

Perception can be a tricky, tricky little devil. 

8 comments:

  1. I think your beautiful cupcake. I think everyone struggles with self image and self asteem in one way or another.

    I know I do. Sometimes we just need to tell ourselves that we are beautiful. *Nods*

    (ps you haven't talked to me in awhile and I miss you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imp, hey sweetie - Probably very true, I am sure a lot of people struggle with this. And I do work on that, I promise. And, thank you. :)

      I know I haven't hon, see current post to see the whys. Miss you, too. xx

      Delete
  2. You are cute and one of God's children on this earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you resemble the picture, I only can say you are beautiful.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. appy - Hugs... what a sweet comment, thank you! xx

      Delete
  4. I don't know what everyone else uses as their "measure" for beauty, but for me, getting a hard on is certainly one of them. You give me a hard on ... you know, for whatever that is worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jay - lol, thank you! I am happy to know that, especially being how much all your posts make me squirm. :P hehe! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts/comments! I will always do my best to respond! xx