Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Rainy day.. coffee.. and big news!

It is one of those wonderful days.... where it's nice and cool out.. the rain has been coming down since last night.. I've been sipping my coffee, and catching up on everyone's blogs.. and, while I feel a little crummy (think I have come down with a cold or something), I find myself smiling and really looking forward to new things.

Now, we are going to ignore the fact that, that there was a very long sentence, and probably all kinds of grammatically incorrect.... and we are going to skip to the fun news that I have been promising to share. We also are going to ignore the fact that I am sitting here with hair dye on my head.. and that I am in my pj's... you cannot see me right now anyway. :P Nor can anyone else, thankfully!

So.... the news!

As a lot of you know, Sir has been a soldier for all of His adult life, He enlisted straight out of High School. And, of course that means He has been a soldier for all of our married time together. (A good 19 years now!) He has been wonderful at His job.. a true leader, and good at what He does. But, in His time in, His body has taken a heck of a beating. Jumping out of airplanes (That are in perfect flying condition, I still can't wrap my head around that one!).. and all the other crazy things He has done.. His body has had enough. And He himself, is ready to retire and move onto other things.

Well, after two years of Him fighting and pushing to get His medical packet pushed through... He finally got medically retained. We are almost done! He will soon be medically retired! We have been given the gift of starting the next chapter. We have many plans.. one of the biggest being, us moving out of this cold state.

With all the hardware and damage in my back, I need somewhere warmer. My pain management Doctor has shown me what all the surgeries and condition has done to my body.. and that my pain levels will sadly never get better, only worse as I get older. Being that I am already in a lot of pain for 36 years old.. that tells me that I really need to start finding better ways to do things with my body. Eliminate the things that I can, that really up my pain levels.

I am still stubborn about trying to push myself through school, and now it will be a bit easier. Between Sir's pensions, and disability claims and such.. He won't have to work, He can be in the work shop, or do whatever it is that He wants to do for the first time in His life. He so deserves that.

A lot of changes coming up, and we are both so ready for them. I have enjoyed being an Army wife, I have always been so proud of what He does. I have happily followed and supported Him, and we have had a decent life being in. But, it is now time to move on to new things. New places, new people.. a new start. I am so.. excited, and I had to come share this news with you all before I exploded!

Coming up next - the over due follow up post on craving punishment!


xx
brat


16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your soldier's retirement! That is great news. Any idea which warmer climate you'll choose?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! :) Well, we have a few on the list right now. I even got my nerd on and hung a big map in the kitchen, so we can plan as we go. lol. Right now though, the Oregon/Washington State area is on top of the list. :) xxoo

      Delete
  2. Such great news, brat!!!! I love new starts...oh the possibilities! And to be free of that Army stress! And somewhere warmer!...I do miss that, we get coooold. So happy for you and your Sir!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Misty! :) Fresh starts are so exciting. :) And yes, we are both so ready to be free of the Army stress. lol :) Very ready to be somewhere warmer also. Colorado is beautiful, and we both grew up here - but it's time for something new and .. warm. :P hehe

      Hugs! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! I wish you so much happiness as you begin this new chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Go Tamer! I am so happy for both of you. It's so time to be you and enjoy who you two are together. Now go find a little cabin in the woods and ignore the rest of the world for a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! :) Mmm, now that does sound so nice. lol. I so wouldn't mind hibernating and just having lots of sex and spankings, haha. :D

      Delete
  5. I am so happy for you! I am sure you will enjoy your next chapter. I look forward to the day when my Sir is able to retire. The military is so hard on their bodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Master's Pet. :) I know you definitely can relate. :) Very hard on their bodies indeed.. Sir's knees and shoulder are a complete mess. x_x

      xxoo :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to you both! This is very exciting news.
    Glad he received the medical retention which is no easy task unfortunately.

    Trying to catch up on your blog. Looks like there is plenty here to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Enzo! Thank you so very much, and welcome to my blog! Very happy to have you here! :)

      Receiving medical retention wasn't an easy task for Him for sure, but so glad we are finally here with it. :)

      Delete
  7. One thing here, There is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane in the military lol! Those tin cans are made by the lowest bidder, just like our parachutes.
    they don't call it 100mph tape for fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oregon aint warmer than Oz. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, aw Mummy. We're working on Oz, I promise! :) <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts/comments! I will always do my best to respond! xx