Saturday, July 12, 2014

A new chapter. No more hiding.

Welcome to yet another blog on the big old internet. This is not my first, and very likely won't be the last in my life. I decided to start fresh after an attempt to revive a blog that I had lost over two years of writing in. I made the mistake though, of trying to re-capture the things I wrote about at that time. The experiences, feelings, thoughts etc. that were going on *then*, compared to the *now*. Sometimes you have to start anew.

But let's rewind a bit here. Last month, I was laying in bed wide awake, tossing and turning... mumbling about the sleep that wasn't finding me. Pondering school, *Working with the deceased,yes!* degrees *money, stress,grants eee!*, apprenticeships *yesss, finally!* and all the things that follow. In the middle of the many thoughts that were keeping me awake, this blog was born. Yes, way before I got off my butt to make it. Fast forward to a few days ago. I finally get the blog up and running... I'm very excited that I thought of an alternate name to Mortuary Girl... I'm ready to get writing... and Wham, I lose all train of thought and end up staring at the keyboard for two days!

The minds a blank. Frustrating. But, I have a theory. My last blog had a lot of followers, and a few close friends. I constantly felt frustrated with it though, being I could never share it in certain places, or with a lot of people that I care about, and care about me. Why? Because we live a very different life than a lot of people. There are many obvious comments and statements made in social networks such as Facebook. And I am pretty sure a lot of people pick up on subtle hints or said comments. I don't ever really go out of my way to hide anything about our life. I then presumed to spend the following day thinking about this before finally working my way to this post. That is when it hit me. I don't want to hide our life from people anymore. 

We are a part of the BDSM community. We live full time as a Dominant and submissive couple. We have met many wonderful people in the local community, and have learned so much about ourselves in the process of it. I am a 24/7 submissive. I also have a relationship with an amazing woman who lives in Australia. I wear puppy dog tails and ears. Collars. I follow rules and love to serve and please.

Am I ashamed of our lifestyle? Absolutely not. Do I expect everyone to understand the way we live? Of course not. And I am tired of hiding it. It's who we are, it's how we live. It's not just about fetishes and good sex... scratch that, great sex...  it's about us. Who we have grown to be and what works for us in every day life. It's not a just in the bedroom thing for us. It is our life, 24/7.

So, there you have it. The very basics of it, but the core of the things I always felt I couldn't just post and share. Done hiding, and hope that those of you who know me, and didn't know can understand, and be supportive of the lifestyle that makes us happy. We are and always will be the fun loving freaks that you've always known. We've been together for almost 20 years, and known each other for even longer than that. We've always been happy, but even happier now that we have fully embraced all sides of our lives in all ways.

"Before you tell yourself it's just a different scene, remember it's just different from what you've seen." Stone Sour


Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

16 comments:

  1. That Corey Taylor quote, oh my god! ^_^

    I am so proud of you for not hiding. I wish I were that brave to not hide this side of my from family and friends, but yeah. They wouldn't understand any of it and it would cause ripples that I just wouldn't want to deal with.

    Congrats on going to school! That's such a tough decision to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !! So happy to have you here doll! :) And thank you! I do have an advantage on the family thing... most of my family don't keep up with social stuff online, and the ones who do, are pretty supportive. We all have to do what is right for us in the end. Sometimes the case of, what they do not know, doesn't hurt them rings true. *smiles*

      I missed you SO much!! xx

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to blog land. I have found most to be an accepting group. We are all different.....your kink, style of living does not have to be mine...i love learning how others express themselves and live out their lives.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi abby, thank you so much! I had you on my old bloglist as well, you were one the first I ran to refind! My old blogs were, Daddy Holds My Hand and Brat In a Box. :)

      What you said here is so true. And I honestly love that there are so many different people in the community. All with different lifestyles and dynamics - wants and desires etc. Like you, I love learning about it and watching their adventures. :)

      I really enjoy your journal abby, and am so pleased to have you at mine as well. Thank you so much for commenting! :)

      Hugs,
      brat xx

      Delete
  3. First off, thanks for the follow. And your condolences.

    I'm excited to read more about your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome. You have a wonderful blog, and I am already so enjoying following you. (which I am sure you gathered by my excited comments, lol)

      Thank you for following back and commenting! xx

      Delete
  4. Welcome back to Blog Land. We hide a lot from our family and friends but my blog is the one place I can just be me. I don't have to worry about people judging me or treating me differently- It is a safe place for me to share.

    I look forward to reading more from you.

    Pet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pet! Happy to have you here! :)

      Delete
  5. really love this post- proud of u and proud to know you :) so appreciate of the friendship and the things you've taught me over these years ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey jayme, nice to see you here hon. Thank you so much sweetie. <3

      Delete
  6. Hey I been reading you blog!! Thanks again for stopping by mine . I don't care what my family thinks and my friends don't care really they all have their vices and secrets. I do worry about internet stalkers though lol.. but its cool that you feel happy to be you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Daisy, so glad to have you here! Thank you for commenting. :) I will be frequently reading your blog, I love it! Sounds like you have a great outlook on this subject, but yes, internet stalkers are no good! lol.

      Thank you babe! xx
      brat

      Delete
  7. be happy doing the things that make you happy
    woof woof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *wags!* Absolutely. :)) I think you and I are going to get along very well slave sindee! :D

      Delete
  8. Thanks for blogging I look forward to reading much more.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Needy T! Welcome to my blog, and thank you so much for commenting. Happy to have you here. :)

      xxoo
      brat

      Delete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts/comments! I will always do my best to respond! xx